Thursday, January 15, 2009

Video: What a Drag

I think I must be living backwards in time, because the second part of a video I shot in December just became available on Adobe TV (before the first part was released). Perhaps they're just trying to build suspense, but in a Jeopardy way, like telling you the answer and then having you wonder what the fascinating question was.

Actually, the video does stand on its own; it is about 'Dynamic Drag and Drop' behavior in Flex, and is not dependent on the previous part. But it does use an application called Reflexion, which is about creating reflections for Flex display objects, and that's the part that you'll hav eto wait for a while to see. (Ooooh, I can feel the tension building...).

Anyway,please enjoy the video. It's another in a series of demos I've been writing around the general topic of giving the user good visual feedback to enable better user experiences. I hope it's not too much of a drag...

By the way, I have not (you may have noticed) posted the source for this yet. I may wait until the first part of the video, which shows the reflection technique, goes live. Or maybe that's just my petty rationalization for not doing it right now because I'm a tad busy working on Flex beta features. But it will show up here eventually.

Update: the first part of this demo is now available; see this later blog entry for that video. Also, I finally got around to posting the source code and the demo; they're also in that later blog entry. So what are you still reading this for? Go!

3 comments:

Brian said...

If people would attend max they would have gotten to see part 1! Hope to see source code. Do you think you can add a ripple effect to the reflection image? :)

Anonymous said...

Oh man, I wish I would have looked here first. I spent all morning looking for the first part and the source code to the 2nd! Nice work Chet!

Chet Haase said...

The prequel video and the source code for both parts (since it's the same application used for both videos) have finally been posted in a later blog entry.